Fiber, Fiber Builders and Stratetel
Fiber Builders works with carriers to anticipate demand and then create fiber build out plans to accommodate that demand. The reason you were contacted by Debbie Oborn at Fiber Builders was due to indications that there was an unfulfilled need for more internet access in your area. You have been referred to my firm, Stratetel. We can answer the more practical questions businesses have.
What is fiber? Fiber is a very, very thin string of glass that allows transmission of data optically rather than electrically. It is very reliable and allows for the transmission of very large quantities of data to be transmitted compared with electrical transmission.
Why is a direct fiber connection to my facilities beneficial? There are several reasons:
- If you are using large quantities of bandwidth it will be more economical
- It is a direct connection to the carriers’ infrastructure therefore:
- It is likely your tax load on this facility will be far less than the taxes charged when using the local telephone companies’ facilities, copper or fiber.
- There is no middle man when there is a problem. No finger pointing.
- It is very reliable compared to copper. Most internet connection problems are located in the local telephone companies’ infrastructure and their maintenance processes.
- The routing of your traffic is minimal compared to traditional electrical (copper) services. This improves performance.
What is a direct fiber connection? This means that fiber will be constructed to your facilities (building) and terminated usually in the telco room in the building. This means you have fiber without any intervening technology. Note this construction will need to be approved by the building owner or management. This will be handled by the carrier extending the fiber with the building management/owner.
Cost to construct to my site? Costs will vary based on the economics of providing the service.
- Example 1: Your company uses 5 gigabytes of internet access a day and you are willing to sign a 5-year contract. Your construction costs could be $0
- Example2: There are 10 tenants in your building and the majority of them buy 10 megabytes of internet access on a 3-year contract. Your costs could each be $0 or the costs could be spread across the users.
Time Frame? We do work all over the western USA. We will need to investigate on your behalf to obtain that information.
Hey, I am interested. What do you need to get me the best information?
Are you a tenant or facilities manager or facilities owner? We will need the facility owner/manager to approve the build to your site.
Is this a multi-tenant facility?
How much internet bandwidth to you project to use over the next five years?
Should we be talking to you or ? ___________________________________
Please reply back to the sender and let us know what your interest is? We do NOT want to bother you asking for more info if you are not interested or not the person we should be talking with. Thank You.